Questions and Answers

Q: Where do i look to find a board certified hand surgeon?
A: Information on Hand surgery and to find a hand surgeon in your area can be found on American Society of Hand Surgeons website

Q: Where do i look for Orthopedic / Sports medicine surgeon?
A:  Information on Orthopedics or Sports Specialty in your area can be found on American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons

Q: Where do i look for Shoulder/ Elbow surgeon and Therapists specializing in Shoulder/elbow therapy?
Information on Shoulder and Elbow surgeons could be found at and therapists specializing in Shoulder and Elbow therapy could be found at

Q: I dont know if i have Osteo or Rheumatoid Arthritis, i need a doctor in my area to find more information on it, where do i go to look for one?
A: Osteoarthritis is wear and tear of a joint, whereas Rheumatoid Arthritis is a systemic disorder which would affect all the joints. More information on it can be found on Rheumatologist

Q: I want to read more on what a certified hand therapist can do for my problem?
A: You can find all the information on Hand Therapy Certificate commission

Q: My upper extremity injury /condition needs a specialist and I cant find a Certified Hand Therapist in my area that my insurance covers, what do i do
A: Contact in writing (preferred) to The states Dept of Managed Healthcare