Director of Hands On Care
Saba is a Certified Hand Therapist and was the American Society of Hand Therapists – California Chapter President for 2010 & 2011 and recipient of 2010 and 2011 National Chapter awards. She now serves as the Annual Program Chair for the Hand Therapy Association of California conferences.
She is a member of American Society of Shoulder and Elbow Therapists. ASSET is a group of multidisciplinary professionals in the area of shoulder and elbow rehabilitation who place a high value on efficacious exemplary patient care. The membership criterion reflects the expectation of the highest quality research, scholarship and patient care. ASSET membership is by invitation only.
She is also a member of American Association of Hand Surgery (AAHS) She was invited to a round table discussion of Emerging practices in Dupuytrens Disease and has written an article for them on this topic and on Management of Dystonia via Taping. She will be giving at talk at the 2018 AAHS conference in Arizona on Neuropathic Pain
She is the Partner/Principal of Advanced Rehab Seminars, providing specialized continuing education for the Upper Extremity to therapists all over United States of America and Overseas. All the courses taught are from Shoulder to Hand
The talks include
- Manual medicine for the upper quadrant- taking it to the next level, includes joint and soft tissue mobilization
- Sports medicine for the upper quadrant – with splinting and taping
- Paradigm of differential diagnosis, assessment, and treatment of the upper quadrant nerve & orthopedic systems
- Comprehensive management of the post-surgical arm
- Comparative taping Leuko and Kinesio for the Upper Quadrant
- Management of the Stiff Arm
- Neural Mobilization of the Upper Quadrant, with Myofascial Mobilization
Saba was the Past President California Chapter of ASHT now Hand Therapy Association of CA
She continues to serve as the Program Chair for ASHT-Ca Chapter Conferences 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018
She served on the conference committee for ASSET’s national conference 2016. She presented on on Elbow contracture: The broken Kinetic Chain in the Upper Quadrant
|Conferences organized and talks given at (Conference Chair) From 2011 to 2018 listed below:
||Her poster presentation include:
Articles written include:
- 2018 article on The Confidence Code” The ingredient therapists lack when discussing patient care with the surgeons
- 2017 article on “What value do Hand Therapists bring to the Value Based Payment system? And how do we objectify it.” was published in AAHS newsletter
- Wrote an article for the therapist’s corner for AAHS newsletter on Management of Focal dystonia via Taping Dec 2014
- Wrote an article for the therapist’s corner for AAHS newsletter on Dupuytrens management Dec 2010
- Invited to join the round table discussion with top hand surgeons in the country on Dupuytren’s disease by AAHS Dec 2010. Published in AAHS newsletter.
- Published Articles in the Texas Chapter Newsletter on Ring Splint protocol on Zone V Extensor Tendon repair and ECU Subluxation management.
- Contributor to book on Arthritis “Arthritis Rx: A Cutting-Edge Program for a Pain-Free Life” by Dr. V. Vad 2006
She has treated players from various sports teams: Texas Rangers, Washington Nationals, San Jose Sharks, San Jose Giants. Tennis players, JP Fruttero, BMX rider R. Nyquist etc.
Current Research: Currently seeking candidates for study
- Scapho-Lunate Instability
Previous research: Medial Elbow Pain: A Result of Shoulder Weakness in Tennis
This research was conducted in conjunction with University of Kentucky health sciences (Kibler’s group)
Ms. Kamal has given several talks at ASHT conference and IFSHT, and taught courses in Italy and India to various groups. For a list of her talk, please contact us at 408-268-8536